Random Braveman...Random Contest Discoveries

With all the hits that he's been getting, it's obvious that Mitzzee and I are not the only ones who have discovered Daily Dancer. Blogpulse and other sources list the following references to Daily Dancer:

jrnev.blogspot.com/2005/06/i-might-do-this.html

aprilshah.blogspot.com/2005/06/so-much-stuff-so-little-time.html

bamapachyderm.com/archives/2005/06/01/omglollmaowtf/

andrightlyso.com/archives/2005/06/01/daily-dancer/

badhairblog.blogspot.com/2005/06/this-is-what-watching-clive-owen.html

mickey.ondragonswing.com/archives/006310.html

www.tabulas.com/~lainie/877653.html

dailydancer.com/plesk-stat/webstat/usage_200506.html

showdown.contagiousmedia.org/



The post from Lainie is especially illuminating:


Daily Dancer. A computer geek who posts up videos of himself dancing to a different song everyday.

This is part of the Contagious Media Showdown awards. Since he needs to get as many visitors per day as possible, I doubt he's really as bad a dancer as he seems

I hope not anyway.

I personally find the videos a bit repetitive after a while, but heck....



So it's a contest. And it has rules:


All entries go live on the evening of May 19th and the contest ends at midnight Eastern Standard Time on June 9th. Prizes are awarded based on the performance of each entry over this three week period. For each winning entry, Eyebeam will award cash grants in the form of a check made out to the designated project leader. Eyebeam staff and members of the contagious media group will serve as judges in the event of a dispute and they are not permitted to enter the contest.


Prizes will be awarded on June 18.

Incidentally, as I was checking the statistics, Daily Dancer was in eighth place. The first place (by far) entry has the title Forget-Me-Not Panties:


Ever worry about your wife cheating?

Want to know where your daughter is late at night?

Need to know when your girlfriend's temperature is rising?

This amazing device will answer all of your questions! These panties can give you her location, and even her temperature and heart rate, and she will never even know it's there! Unlike the cumbersome and uncomfortable chastity belts of the past, these panties are 100% cotton, and use cutting-edge technology to help you protect what matters most.



There are testimonials on the website:


My wife and I got married three years ago. Last winter I started suspecting her of cheating. It was tearing my heart out to think of her with another man.

In an act of desperation I bought these panties, and boy am I glad I did.

It turns out, she was sleeping with her coworker! She was going to a hotel near her office nearly every workday.

I monitored her through the mapping software, pantyMap®, for several weeks,and then I confronted her.

forget-me-not-panties™ saved me from a bad marriage. We are getting a divorce, and I have records for my divorce lawyer proving what a fraud she was.



Surprisingly, they seem to be sold out. So I can't become an overprotective parent.

And guess who's in second place in the contest? Crying While Eating, a site that I previously mentioned in this blog after Bad Patty linked to it.

Here are the top 15 blogs in the list as of right now (I cut off at number 15 to avoid listing a Paris Hilton-related website). The first number refers to unique visitors, the second to Technorati links:


1 forgetmenotpanties.contagiousmedia.org 536,381 376
2 cryingwhileeating.com 343,261 413
3 ringtonedancer.contagiousmedia.org 184,140 150
4 thebrainfreeze.com 107,918 182
5 blogebrity.com 106,912 490
6 goodbyebitch.contagiousmedia.org 91,115 7
7 feloncheck.com 77,265 57
8 dailydancer.com 75,965 88
9 fartingsaucers.contagiousmedia.org 53,885 19
10 hire-a-killer.com 47,658 66
11 autoblogger.net 46,010 180
12 traderhandsignals.com 29,967 39
13 corpseproject.com 24,210 7
14 bamboo.contagiousmedia.org 21,450 41
15 runaway.contagiousmedia.org 18,842 0



Technorati Tags:

Comments

Daily Dancer said…
Ahhh, yes, I am in the contest, but I had ideas for this site long before I heard of the contest. I just thought the contest would be a cool way to launch my site. I hope to keep this thing going even after the contest ends. I'm glad you like my site.
- Daily Dancer

P.S. By mentioning the other sites in the contest, you are helping them to get even farther ahead. :)

And, I'm adding a link to your blog.
Ontario Emperor said…
Regarding your P.S. - At least I'm not promoting the Paris Hilton website. I guess I have standards or sumfin.

Good luck.

Popular posts from this blog