Inconsistent Badgers in a Box
On April 20, I examined the large number of random words in a spam that I received. Now it's time to examine seven spam messages that I received today.

Here's the first:

-----Original Message-----
From: xxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 5:13 PM
To: xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Your Pharmacy order # 8452


Buy top painkillers without prescription
Today's special: Free overnight Fedex delivery

Vicodin.....................$2.51/dose
Hydrocodone............$2.12/dose
Norco.......................$2.99/dose

Stock is limited and selling fast, so hurry
Buy them here


OK, here's the second:

-----Original Message-----
From: xxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 5:13 PM
To: xxxxxxx
Subject: Buy V.icodin, 1 day sale


Buy top painkillers without prescription
Today's special: Free overnight Fedex delivery

Vicodin.....................$2.57/dose
Hydrocodone............$2.11/dose
Norco.......................$2.95/dose

Stock is limited and selling fast, so hurry
Buy them here


The second message was nearly identical to the first, except that the "From:" line (which I am suppressing) had changed, the title was different, and the prices of the pills had changed slightly.

Here are price excerpts from the other five messages:

Vicodin.....................$2.56/dose
Hydrocodone............$2.16/dose
Norco.......................$2.90/dose

Vicodin.....................$2.50/dose
Hydrocodone............$2.14/dose
Norco.......................$2.99/dose

Vicodin.....................$2.55/dose
Hydrocodone............$2.13/dose
Norco.......................$2.97/dose

Vicodin.....................$2.54/dose
Hydrocodone............$2.14/dose
Norco.......................$2.90/dose

Vicodin.....................$2.51/dose
Hydrocodone............$2.19/dose
Norco.......................$2.91/dose


Seven nearly-identical messages, all with seven different prices. Wazzup with that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In which we enter the alternative universe in which police always believe dreadlocked individuals

Helen/Helena Marnie and Ladytron Bits of Biographies