Where There's An Emperor...
Over the last few years, I've been asked several times: "Why do you use the handle 'Ontario Emperor'?" I partially answered that question several years ago in my biography (as posted on Tripod):

The Inland Empire needs an emperor. The "Inland Emperors" are a band signed to a Seattle label. Hence, I am the Ontario Emperor. This is my virtual domain.

In other words, if I hadn't performed due diligence and conducted a web search, you'd be reading the words of the "Inland Emperor" right now. (Makes more sense...sort of.)

Well, the restriction against naming oneself after a Pacific Northwest band does not apply to women. There is an Inland Empress, whom I've never met.

So, just to avoid confusion in the blogosphere, I will offer you a handy-dandy guide so that you can tell the difference between the Ontario Emperor and the Inland Empress:

The Ontario Emperor lives in Ontario.
The Inland Empress lives in Upland.

The Inland Empress has a son who still poops in his pants.
The Ontario Emperor has a teenage daughter - and no, she doesn't.

The Empress (aided by her plosh) posts about parenthood, fruit, and poop. (And other stuff.)
The Emperor (not aided by his plosw) posts about technology, music, and littering the .net landscape. (And other stuff.)

The Emperor writes requirements documents and related material for a large multinational.
The Empress writes book reviews (well, one book review) for a large newspaper.

I hope you find this helpful. Next I will explain the fundamental differences between Bush's handlers and Kerry's handlers. (Hint: it's how you pronounce nucular.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey, thanks for the, um, nice (?) remarks. But good grief, I only wrote about poop once! I swear! Okay, I might've mentioned it a few times in passing. Anyhow, hope I can live up to the praise. (It WAS praise, wasn't it?)

And, do tell, what are the difference between the two camps' handlers?
-- Inland Empress

Popular posts from this blog