I Originally Thought that the Following Post Would Be Inoffensive to People of All Religions...
...but then I remembered the following:


Jehovah's Witnesses, like everyone else, get older. They just don't celebrate birthdays--theirs or anyone else's. They say that the origin of birthdays is connected to astrology, which the prophet Isaiah mocks as sorcery (47:13). And the only two birthdays that the Bible mentions are associated with death: Pharaoh's, when his chief baker is hanged (Genesis 40:20-23), and Herod's, when John the Baptist is beheaded (Matthew 14:6). Jehovah's Witnesses are so adamantly anti-birthday that they don't celebrate Christmas, which, of course, is Jesus' birthday.


Well, for those who are not Jehovah's Witnesses, I'll let you know that tomorrow (December 26th) will be my 43rd birthday.

There is one advantage to having a post-Christmas birthday; when everyone else has opened all of their presents on Christmas Day, you know that you have at least one present waiting for you.

We will celebrate my birthday by driving up north to Binion's Horseshoe. I've never been to downtown Las Vegas before, so this should be fun.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well Happy Birthday to you! :)
groovebunny
Haapy birthday 2 hours and 15 minutes early! : )

I know the post-Christmas feeling, mine is Wed!
Ontario Emperor said…
Jennifer, I'm in a different time zone, so I have to wait a few more hours.

But a happy early birthday to you!!!
Ontario Emperor said…
Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

Popular posts from this blog