Whatever happened to coordinated universal time?


I am not a radio professional, although over two decades ago I was a radio amateur (on a ten watt college station).

However, I am wondering a bit about Premiere Radio Network's Transportal 2000 schedule. This is the schedule for individual radio stations to download non-live syndicated shows. An example:


Prophet#CutsShowAir DayTransportal Times
90010501 - 15AT10 Casey KasemSaturdayWednesday 12:00pm PST


The thing that makes my head spin around is the "PST" designation. For my international readers, "PST" stands for Pacific Standard Time, and is only used in the North American winter. In the North American summer, we use Pacific Daylight Time.

So, do they really mean "Pacific STANDARD Time," or do they really mean "Pacific time"? And if they mean the former, does that mean that radio engineers don't observe daylight savings time?

From the Ontario Empoblog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog