Emptying My Head

[Krystal Fernandez fans should go here for the Krystalinks.]


After reading the music thingy post in Farbled, I was finally inspired to list some of the songs that have gone through my head recently. I should probably do this at KOER, but I'll probably reserve that for random comments from General Wesley Clark.

So, in reverse chronological order, here are some of the songs that have popped into my head:

  • (2/1) Unknown, "The Playboy." The A side of an early 1980s Portland punkish single dedicated to pro wrestler Playboy Buddy Rose.

  • (2/1) Unknown, "Commie Symp." The B side of that same single.

  • (2/1) Cher, "Believe." I heard on the radio today that she'll finally end her farewell tour in a few months. She should end it just in time for her miraculous return.

  • (2/1) Green Day, "Boulevard of Broken Dreams." As I previously said, Green Day meets Oasis.

  • (1/24) Cher, "Believe."

  • (1/22) Nelly/Tim McGraw, "Over & Over." Which reminds me that I still have to blog about fusion in music (and not that danged jazz fusion).

  • (1/21) Nelly/Tim McGraw, "Over & Over."

  • (1/21) Celine Dion, "My Heart Will Go On." You have to admit that she's good at what she does.

  • (1/21) Bob Dylan, "Just Like a Woman."

  • (1/17) John Lennon, "Nobody Loves You When You're Down and Out." When I went to college, I started buying cassettes rather than LPs. This song was on the first cassette I ever purchased.

  • (1/13) Boomtown Rats, "Up All Night." I always thought this was a Bowie song.

  • (1/9) Rolling Stones, "As Tears Go By."

  • (1/9) Rolling Stones, "Angie." Very big at my junior high school.

  • (1/8) Led Zeppelin, "In the Evening."

  • (1/6) Led Zeppelin, "In the Evening."

  • (1/5) Peter Frampton, "I'm In You." I was a teenager when this sexually explicit song was released.

  • (1/5) Julian Lennon, "Valotte." Although personally, I think "Too Late for Goodbyes" is a better song.


Well, that's everything since my Vegas trip. I'm not going to post the songs that entered my head while I was in Vegas...since what happens there stays there.

Well, maybe:


The city of Las Vegas is running a publicity campaign, the theme of which is “What happens here, stays here.” (Too bad for Britney Spears that this was not true in her case. But then again, in a sense it was. Perhaps the annulment would not have been so forthcoming if the marriage had taken place in a small town in Louisiana.)

Comments

gg said…
For me, whatever song was the last song I heard on the radio gets stuck in my head all day. I've had many of the songs on your list get stuck before, "Over and over" "believe" "boulevard of broken dreams," and, most recently, "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson.

Just like you can't help your dreams, you can't help what songs get stuck in your head.
Ontario Emperor said…
The only thing that you can do when a song gets stuck in your head is to try to force a newer song into it and hope for the best. Or change your password, if that's what's causing your problem.
Ontario Emperor said…
...on a picture search I ride.

Krystal Fernandez picture links. Hope that helps.

Popular posts from this blog