The Other Experiment
I've been thinking (a dangerous thing) about what I wrote last night regarding the experiment, and I'm more convinced that the experiment will fail. Here are my hypothesized rules about how to make the experiment a success:

  • Choose something in which people are interested. Obviously most of my examples from last night won't work. Even I wouldn't want to search for an association between Trista, Ryan, and Gerald Ford.

  • Claim uncharted territory. This is where I think Seb's experiment will fail. Many many people are interested in a city in France and a hotel chain, but fewer people are interested in, say, Binky the Doormat.

  • Repetition, redundant repetition. This is where I think Seb's experiment will fail. Those who want to get on "the list" will make the appropriate statements over and over again. (In the future, before Wesley Clark withdraws from the presidential race, you can check the January 2004 archive of this blog for examples.


  • So, watch for my experiment over the month of January. And no, it's not about Wesley Clark's withdrawl from the presidential race. You'll figure it out.

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog