YouTube becomes Google. What does this mean?


I'm a Google user (duh, I'm on Blogger) and a YouTube user. Now the two are one:


Internet search leader Google is snapping up YouTube for $1.65 billion, brushing aside copyright concerns to seize a starring role in the online video revolution.

The all-stock deal announced Monday unites one of the Internet's marquee companies with one of its rapidly rising stars. It came just a few hours after YouTube unveiled three separate agreements with media companies to counter the threat of copyright-infringement lawsuits.



And I have to rethink something that I said earlier. In response to all of these names that people were proposing for the new YouTube, I responded that the new name of the company would be "Google."

But I forgot about Blogger, which (as of today) is still being maintained as a separate brand.


YouTube will continue to retain its brand, its new headquarters in San Bruno and all 67 employees, including co-founders Chad Hurley and Steve Chen. Meanwhile, Google will continue to run a less popular video service on its own site.


From the Ontario Empoblog (Latest OVVA news here)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog