Time for my mid-life crisis


Preamble - Mitzee's picture is here. This has nothing to do with the entry below, but you may enjoy it more.

Something has happened to me 2-3 times this last month. The most recent occurrence was last night:


MAN TO MY WIFE: And you are the sister of _____?
MY WIFE: Yes.
MAN TO ME: And you are the father?



Now I will grant that my wife is very young-looking, but I don't think of myself as old-looking. Then again, upon further reflection (literally), I discovered that the gray hairs that used to be only around my ears are now all throughout my hair.

It's not personally upsetting to me, but when three similar comments are made in the space of a single month, it appears that the "distinguished look" may be out.

From the Ontario Empoblog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog