The social web pages say I've got...
Estephania got a link from Besmirched (Maura) to The Gender Genie. The Gender Genie purports to be able to take a text of 500 words or more; once the author identifies the text as (a) fiction, (b) nonfiction, or (c) a blog entry, the Gender Genie can (more often than not) identify the gender of the author.

Although your results may vary, my two tests both indicated that the author of the text (me) was male. (Grunt.)

For my second text, I took my parody of the original Annie Jacobsen article. (For the record, I marked the work as "fiction.") It stated that the author was male.

After I reported on my two tests in Estephania's blog, I conducted a third test, using the first page of the first article from Annie Jacobsen herself. I marked it as non-fiction (since the article merely records Jacobsen's feelings about the whole affair, which no one has contradicted). The results:

Female Score: 763
Male Score: 689
The Gender Genie thinks the author of this passage is: female!

Evidence suggests that I am right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog