Ouchorama


There's been a lot of chatter about the 14th track of the Ladytron CD "Witching Hour." For those of you who don't own the CD, the track consists of over nine minutes of silence. Hear what Craig Gunderson had to say about it:


I can't figure out if there's any actual audio on the hidden track. Maybe it's a super secret message I can only hear with beer (a theory I apply to everything that doesn't seem to work the first time).


Luckily the poster below didn't have to pay for the track when he downloaded the entire album:


I decided to download some albums that I have had my ear on....

[T]he pick of the litter is Ladytron. I heart Ladytron. You really should check out all 3 of their albums (the other two are 604 and Light and Magic). The two standout songs on Witching Hour are Destroy Everything You Touch and International Dateline....

[A]s a bonus for downlaoding the entire album, I was entitled to download a hidden track, called, cleverly enough, [hidden track 14]. Hooray!

The file I downloaded is 9:04 seconds of dead silence. Is this a collaboration with Lou Reed?

So I wrote to Musicmatch to find out WTF is going on. Of course, the first e-mail I sent (to Customer Support) should have gone to Technical Support. My second e-mail generated a response indicating that their files show that I downloaded the track and should be able to find it in my library by clicking on bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.

Which is useless advice, of course. Which I followed anyway, of course. And it didn't even contain the right steps to do what it was supposed to do, which wasn't what I needed in the first place!

That kind of sent me over the top. I just sent them another e-mail pointing all of this out. I'll keep you posted.



And he later provided an update:


I am so embarrassed. It turns out the hidden Ladytron track is supposed to be blank. With it, the run time for the CD (Witching Hour) is exactly 60:00. I can't believe I was that stupid. It's still an excellent CD.


From the Ontario Empoblog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog