I Can Write Movie Promos
I am going to write a promo for a movie. I have never seen the movie. All that I know about the movie are two things:

1. The movie was released in November or December of 2003.
2. The movie has been nominated for at least one Golden Globe award.

You realize that several movies fall into this category. However, I can write a movie promo that applies to all of them. Just substitute the appropriate information and you're done.

Critics agree: MOVIENAME is a must-see!

Nominated for NUMBER Golden Glove awards, MOVIENAME is a cinematic masterpiece!

DIRECTORNAME adds to his impressive repertoire!

LEAD ACTOR dominates the screen!

LEAD ACTRESS is a joy to watch!


OK, somewhere in this commercial we have to insert some dialogue from the movie. This should be fairly easy to do, since one of the following lines of dialogue is bound to be in this movie. Just select one (or more) of the lines, and you're done.

I never want to leave you.

This is the moment of truth.

Where - are - you - going?

Someday we will remember this moment.

You'll never get away with this!

My sex ed teacher is kind of creepy.


(I included the last line in case a John Hughes movie is ever nominated.)

OK, after you play the lines, time to close the promo:

MOVIENAME - the most outstanding film of its time!

OK, I wrote the promo - give me the $20,000 in Academy award goodies now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog