Well, Maybe It IS Good Marketing In That Culture
I just posted a link to the eegfree web site. It was referenced in the November 21, 2003 Robert X. Cringely column.

First off, let me state that I cannot speak a bit of Korean.

That having been said, the author of eegfree's English-language site may not be sensitive to the nuances of the English language. The product is described as "the newest mind control machine." The company means to state that the user can affect his/her own mind to study better, etc. However, the wording implies that person X is controlling person A's mind.

My first reaction was "Ha ha ha" (in English), until I realized that many cultures are less individually-oriented than my own. In such a culture, mind control by a leader might be a good thing.

Don't forget that Rev. Sun Myung Moon is Korean...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog